Any questions before applying please call Zoe on 01173320836 otherwise we will be in touch.
3-month contract (likely extension)
Support and further enhancement and development of ONS in-house applications, utilising the Java and Oracle technical stack. In particular, this post will be working on a project to replace the statistical processing currently carried out by SAS in the CORD application with new functions developed in R.
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrable experience of software development and support utilising the Java technology stack
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented design patterns and Java industry standard approaches.
- Demonstrable experience of application support and development utilising relational databases, ideally Oracle RDBMS
- Demonstrable experience of implementation of Kafka and messaging system
- Demonstrable experience of development best practice in relation to code quality analysis, unit and automated testing and continuous integration
- Evidence of good communication skills, in person and in writing, and a willingness to share their skills and experience with the in-house support team
- Evidence of an ability to participate effectively in a team environment and be able to work independently on their own initiative
- Experience of software development and support utilising Agile techniques and principles.
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrable experience of software development and support utilising python or R
- Experience with one or more of the following tools/technologies: Eclipse IDE, Oracle SQL Developer, Toad, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar, Spring, Struts, WebLogic, Git, Jira, Confluence.