Remote role - UK Based
Inside IR35 - Open to daily rates.
Candidate must have valid active security clearance to start or Security clearance which has lapsed within the last 12 months.
The Lotus Notes Replacement Project (LNRP) team is replacing our Lotus Notes estate which will make extensive use of our IBM BAW technology to develop new business process applications, workflow, user interfaces and logic to deliver a new way of working for a team of 400+ people.
Whilst BAW is suitable for most requirements in replacing the Lotus Notes Databases, there is one specific requirement around Letter Generation is better suited to an O365 development linked to BAW
We are looking for a contractor Software Engineer for 3 months with experience of developing applications using Power Apps and Power Automate. This is to assist with the delivery of our Lotus Notes Replacement Project with particular focus on the automation of Word and Excel document creation
The software engineer will be joining an established Agile delivery team. In addition to delivering working software in line with project timelines, they will also be expected to participate in the overall upskilling of the team and to making improvements to ways of working.
- Delivery of working software using technology including Power Apps, Power Automate, Dataverse, Power BI
- Ensuring the quality of outputs - following team and industry standard best practice, ensuring rigorous testing of products is completed
- Working as part of an Agile team, helping colleagues to deliver and upskill
- Engaging directly with customers to define requirements and demo working software
- Developing and deploying using CI/CD pipelines and process automation, for example Azure DevOps
- Supporting production systems, including monitoring the help desk and resolution of incidents within agreed SLAs
- Strong experience developing business process automation using Power Automate with Word and Excel (and Microsoft 365 suite)
- Developing corporate IT solutions using canvas and model driven Power Apps (using Dataverse and/or SharePoint document libraries)
- Proven track record of delivering in Agile project teams, including effective collaboration with colleagues and customers, utilising a range of Agile methods and techniques
- Experience of developing business dashboards in Power BI
- Experience of monitoring, governing and supporting Power Apps - for example, Microsoft Centre of Excellence
- Experience of UI automation and end-to-end testing for Power Apps - for example, Power Apps Test Framework, Selenium