SC CLEARED - Software Engineer
- Titchfield - Currently Remote working
- 6 Months
- £500 - £585 per hour rate (Inside IR35)
- Security cleared (NPPV3 or Active SC level minimum), can be cleared in role. Must have been living in the UK for the last 5 years
- Experience with design, running, testing and continuous improvement of software
We are recruiting for a suitably skilled Software engineer to provide central support to the Clerical Matching System. The project is scheduled to shortly transition to a live service, with the DevOps team undertaking support and enhancement functions. In this role Testing is vital to us, from Unit, to Functional and Acceptance, and also System Integration Tests (SIT).
We work across multiple software tools and systems and using a range of programming languages, including:
As a software engineer you will be responsible for:
- Designing software products to serve a variety of user needs and enhancing existing software products to meet evolving user needs.
- Ensuring a quality software product is delivered and maintained.
- Have in-depth knowledge of application development and infrastructure.
- Being a practitioner in the use of technologies and tools, evaluating and adopting those appropriate for the environment.
- Supporting an environment where continuous or "on demand" delivery can be enabled if needed by the business, using effective delivery and deployment techniques.
- Maintaining and supporting services, identifying, locating and competently fixing faults, and taking proactive actions to avoid service disruption.
- Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques; identifying and sharing good practices and collaborating to improve the capability of the team.
If this is a role you would be interested in applying for, please apply with an up-to-date CV asap.