Any Questions please call Zoe on 01173320836
3-month contract (Likely Extension)
A Software Engineer is required to develop new and enhance existing functionality for the Census utilising the Java technical stack. Experience of developing in Python as a 2nd language would be advantageous.
Essential Skills - Java, Devops, Cloud Experience
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrable experience of software development and support utilising the Java technology stack using industry standard approaches
- Demonstrable experience of development best practice in relation to code quality analysis, unit and automated testing and continuous integration
- Demonstratable experience of developing in a Cloud environment
- Evidence of working in a DevOps culture
- Evidence of good communication skills, in person and in writing, and a willingness to share their skills and experience with the in-house support team.
- Ability to participate effectively in a team environment but be able to work independently.
Desirable Skills - Linux, Cucumber, Selenium, Python, Concourse, Kubernetes, Rabbit
- Experience of software development in Python
- Experience of software development utilising Agile techniques and principles.
- Use of Rabbit as a queuing mechanism
- Experience of Kubernetes to manage containerized applications across a cluster of nodes.
- Experience of writing test scripts in Cucumber and/or Selenium
- Experience with the following tools/technologies: Concourse, Terraform, Linux, Git, Travis, Swagger, Jira, Confluence.