Software Engineering Manager
Competitive + excellent benefits package
With over 50 years of heritage and industry experience our client is a comprehensive provider of Payroll and HR Solutions with a vision to be the clear leader in pay, reward, analytics, and people experiences. They are now seeking a Software Engineering Manager to manage a team of Lead Engineers in a strategic area of focus to deliver the business strategy in an efficient and high quality manner. You will drive improvements in team outputs, providing coaching, feedback and instruction to Lead Engineers as necessary to maintain high performance.
You will role model the use of Azure DevOps (ADO), ensuring Lead Engineer conformance on their team's accurate completion and review of team inputs and outputs in order to promote continuous improvement as well as collaborate with the Product Management team and customers to analyse the requirements for future core and bespoke developments. I am looking for someone who is a confident, approachable and supportive leader focused on raising standards of quality and performance as well as cooperative teamworking.
- Experience of managing multi-disciplined software development teams that engineer solutions to meet both functional and non-functional requirements
- Experience of mixture of co-located and fully distributed teams
- A knowledge of public cloud technologies including containerised microservice architectures
- Experience of DevOps disciplines including full stack test automation, CI/CD pipelines
- Exposure to one or more software technologies; .Net, LAMP stack
- Knowledge of relational databases such as Oracle, Azure SQL and Progress
- Exposure to secure software development lifecycle approaches and adherence to recognised standards such as OWASP
- A natural coach and problem solver, skilled at helping team members find their own answers and share best practices and achievements with other team members
- Possessing restless curiosity to drive improvements across the team utilising the appropriate data sets and feedback from the Product Management team and other interactions
If you are interested please apply with a copy of your CV and I will be in touch to discuss the opportunity further in the strictest confidence.
This role can be remote with a couple of visits required a month in the office. You must be UK based.
Salary is negotiable with an excellent benefits package including bonus and car allowance.