You'll be working collaboratively within a fully agile multidisciplinary team, in a digital by default environment that puts user needs at the heart of everything we do. You'll be designing, creating, supporting and improving new and existing digital products and platforms. You'll evaluate and implement new tools and techniques to improve productivity and quality measurement. You'll also be a practitioner in GDS Digital Service Standards and Agile delivery principles.
We are driving transformation change through new technologies and ways of working in a modern, technically focused, data driven organisation. We're also offering the opportunity to work on the latest scalable digital technologies, to ensure this project meets the needs of the users
- Designing software products to serve a variety of user needs, and enhancing existing software products to meet evolving user needs
- Supporting a continuous delivery environment, using effective delivery and deployment techniques
- Maintaining and supporting services, identifying, locating and competently fixing faults, and taking proactive actions to avoid service disruption
- Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques; identifying and sharing good practice and collaborating to improve the capability of the team
- Service-oriented architectures and micro-services.
- Experience working in Kubernetes is ideal but not essential
- Experience must be in Java and Python languages
- Migration (ideally from Cloudfoundry to Kubernetes, but not essential)
- Experience working in Cloudfoundry or Kubernetes
- Infrastructure as code
- Defining, managing & monitoring cloud infrastructure
- Dev/ops experience is essential
- The creation and management of continuous integration, delivery and deployment pipelines, and proposing improvements to existing pipelines
- Multiple test techniques, informing test approaches, ensuring consideration of non-functional requirements such as performance, security and accessibility
- Circumventing the need for operational tasks and liaising with other teams to improve operational efficiency.