We are partnered with a hugely successful and global name based in multiple locations in the North West and Midlands. They have offered unwavering support both to their significant employee base but also to the local communities that they serve.
It is a real feel-good story and a company that have committed to virtual interviews and virtual onboarding which in this market, is a real win.
Their staff retention rates are exceptional and the money they invest into training, upskilling and general well-being are a true testament to the caring nature of this company.
As an IT Operations Engineer, you will be constantly monitoring the performance and capacity of the IT infrastructure, including response, investigation, escalation and resolution of incidents and changes affecting the business.
You will be ...
- Reviewing and analysing requirement documents ensuring business and technical requirements are fully understood.
- Producing test documentation (test plans and test scripts) to agreed standard.
- Conducting quality testing on projects and issues to agreed processes and timescales.
- Identifying and carrying out regression testing where appropriate.
- Reporting defects accurately and managing through to successful resolution via Jira.
- Reporting testing progress to Test Manager communicating effectively and escalating where appropriate.
- Maintaining and creating product knowledge documentation for use within the test team.
- Assisting with any functional queries that may arise from business users following releases.
Your skills ...
- Commercial software testing experience which should include web and mobile testing.
- Commercial experience of preparing test documentation including test plans, test scripts, defect reports and progress updates.
- Experience of testing large scale global websites.
- Good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Proven experience of working with daily releases and high output of development work.
- Ability to react well to changing requirements with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work within a team and also individually on own initiative.
- Commitment to quality and thorough approach to work.
- High attention to detail.
- Proactive approach to own personal development.