We are looking for an experience and innovative individual to join our growing team as an Analyst Tester. You will be responsible for supporting the test strategy for our data platform and pipelines. Working within the data engineering team you will analyse, execute and manage testing requirements to ensure that our data products are delivered to the highest quality and meet business need.
You will work collaboratively with our Insight Analysts to understand what our business customers need and will write those requirements into technical specifications that the data engineers will deliver.
What will you be doing?
- Monitor user requirements, prepare design documents and create data mapping specifications.
- Develop testing plans for our data products and pipelines (including Integration Testing, Functional Testing, Non-Functional Testing and User Acceptance Testing).
- Designing test guidelines and standards for our team.
- Work with the data engineering team to implement test automation of our data products - setting up test scripts, test data and automation test frameworks.
- Collaborate with Insight Analysts to write high quality acceptance criteria for Data Engineers to develop against.
- Support root cause analysis of defects and recommend resolution of data issues.
- Identify test defects and recommend appropriate solutions for issues.
What will you bring to the role?
- Business analysis - you have experience of working collaboratively with stakeholders to document test cases and scenarios from their business requirements
- Independent - you won't be micro-managed, so you'll be confident taking a project and running with it
- Attention to detail - you have a strong eye for detail and have experience of chasing down bugs to identify the root causes of issues
- A Team Player - data is a team sport and you work well with others, can argue your point of view and make suitable compromises
- Technical - you'll have experience of testing data products (reports, dashboards, data pipelines and data warehouses), so are confident with T-SQL and modern data platforms