Solution Architect x2
You must already hold active SC clearance or SC clearance which has expired in the last 12 months
6 Months (possible extension)
Inside IR35. Due to this, budget is flexible.
Remote for foreseeable and duration if needed. Newport (South Wales) or Titchfield (Fareham) office if every required.
Working as a collective within an architectural community, Solution Architects are responsible for defining the appropriate reference architecture to enable the delivery of the ONS business and digital technology strategies.
Following a service-oriented approach, Solution Architects identify and define the capabilities, components and services required to meet the functional and non-functional needs of ONS users.
As a Solution Architect you will work closely with both digital service and technology delivery teams, and business transformation delivery teams with responsibility to define the architecture that supports the design, development and delivery of the ONS digital and technology products and services. This engagement will typically be for a specific business transformation area or digital technology service
- Developing an overarching reference architecture which considers the components and services required to implement the ONS enterprise architecture.
- Working with delivery teams, develop specific solution architectures for the scope of the project, focusing on user needs and non-functional requirements.
- Co-ordinate and work across delivery teams to manage the interfaces between platforms and products in the ONS architecture.
- Develop and maintain the appropriate documentation and views required to describe the ONS solution architecture to individuals at all levels.
- Act as the technical design authority in delivery, working closely with technical leads to ensure requirements of the solution architecture are implemented and dependencies managed.
- Investigate and introduce new technologies, leading rapid prototyping, to provide the necessary capabilities identified in the solution architecture.
- Supporting members of development teams in breaking down complex problems and identifying steps towards solutions.
- Participate in the ONS architecture community to refine and develop the ONS IT and data roadmaps and strategies.
- Engage across government departments to identify potential re-use and support shared learning, evaluate technical proposals from external suppliers, and make implementation recommendations to senior stakeholders.
Relevant Skills and Experience: maximum 6
Experience of developing solutions to meet master, reference and metadata management needs.'
* Architecture design and modelling techniques, tools and standards.
* Application and integration architecture, frameworks, technologies and tools.
* Microservice and API-led architecture and integration design tools and techniques.
* Public cloud services and technology e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, cloud design patterns and tools.
* Agile / DevOps delivery methodologies.
Proficient in communicating with delivery projects, senior stakeholders and technical teams to ensure they have a complete understanding of the business and user needs and the overall business architecture
* Delivering solutions that are aligned with key priorities, with ability to develop road-maps and strategies.
* Creation and maintenance of the future operational design and identify the impact on operational services.