- London, England
- £70000.00 - £84000.00 per annum
- Job Type
- Monique Vorster
- 17 days ago
I am currently working with my global client who is provider of software solutions for the insurance industry and as they continue to grow they are now looking for a Solution Architect. The role will be mostly remote with a couple of visits onsite per month. In this role you will analyse and design technical solutions that are compliant with requirements and performance targets as well as provide support to other professionals in understanding and interpreting scope and designs.
The ideal candidate will be a true heavy weight technologist that can complete work in line with corporate IT strategy and subject to peer and management review and contribute to a high performing and dynamic team delivering effective, reliable IT solutions.
- Experience as a Solutions Architect within the Life and Pensions industry is essential.
- Leadership and influencing capabilities.
- Ability to work in a collaborative and energetic environment with other technology and business disciplines.
- Proficient knowledge of diverse technologies including Linux, Unix, Oracle, COBOL, Java, Web Services (SOAP/REST), XML, SOA and ESB middleware.
- Experience in Cloud-based solutions and infrastructure would be advantageous.
- Willing and able to learn new technologies.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Competent in software and project estimating and estimation techniques.
- Experience in Agile Development is desirable.
- Experience in UML (Unified Modelling Language) is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a group and alone with good attention to detail and time conscious.
- Experienced or familiar with The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) principles is desirable.
If you are interested please apply with a copy of your CV and I will be in touch to discuss the opportunity further.