To transform requirements and proposals of the business into solution designs that will enable their evaluation review by internal stakeholders, go-ahead approval on proposals by internal sponsors, and delivery by internal or external teams.
- Ability to write architectural design documents, or review design documents provided by others.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the Microsoft Windows concepts, Domains, Active Directory and its concepts, and the interaction between hardware, operating systems, network, data centre, and application software.
- Proven ability in clearly presenting technical approaches (strategies) to senior stakeholders as well as external partners.
- Ability to articulate complex technical subject matter in ways that are understood by non-technical audiences and to clearly articulate the risks as well as the benefits in a similar manner.
- Experience within organisations as a technical architect or infrastructure architect.
- Experience in designing and implementing secure "On Premise" high availability solutions.
- Experience in designing and delivering secure infrastructures and applications within cloud environments (Azure, AWS).
- Excellent understanding of Security processes and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of architecture methodologies and frameworks and extensive experience of their application.
- Broad and up-to-date knowledge of IT capabilities and services including cloud computing, end user computing, on premise hosting, identity and access management, virtualisation, application development and management, device management, mobility solutions, secure gateways and remote access, management infrastructure and cross-domain solutions.
- Experience of technical design and formal review of technical solutions.
- Experience of the effective adoption and implementation of IT standards and frameworks.
- Experienced in effective decision making.
- Experienced in technical architecture and design within planning and project work. Proven experience of developing design artefacts under a number of architecture frameworks for example TOGAF, Enterprise Architecture and Zachman.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills - demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyse and monitor information such as planning, risks, issues, finance, resources, assumptions and dependencies.
- Self-motivated, confident and enthusiastic. Able to work under pressure and on own initiative.
- Capable of establishing a high degree of personal credibility with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Planning and organisational ability to manage a high workload and balance priorities.
- Creative, enthusiastic, customer focussed, pro-active, tenacious, self- managing and committed to the role, with strong personal drive and proven capability to work using own initiative.
- Ability to explain technical issues simply to non-technical colleagues.