- SC Clearance would be beneficial but not essential
The purpose of this work package is to support and further develop the Technical and business scheme based on the customer's needs. This is a complex implementation programme, with a number of parties including vendors, system integrators and user groups, broken down into a number of projects that are focused on a particular aspect of the overall outcome.
The role of the Solutions Architect will be to provide the technical governance and technical definition to all Support Services projects encompassing application stack, architecture and design. Producing detailed live, development and testing platform solutions.
- Ability to write architectural design documents, or review design documents provided by others.
- Proven ability in clearly presenting technical approaches (strategies) to senior stakeholders as well as external partners.
- Experience within organisations as a technical architect or infrastructure architect.
- Experience in designing and delivering secure infrastructures and applications within cloud environments (Azure, AWS).
- Understanding of Infrastructure components e.g. Enterprise Storage, Networking and Server technologies
- Understanding of networking, telephony and VOIP.
- Understanding of Software Design Principles including SOA.
- Experience of back end development and design of database e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, My SQL
- Practical knowledge of EAI technologies
- Practical experience of enterprise development stacks such as J2EE or Microsoft .Net
- Understanding of Active Directory, authentication services (SAML, PKI etc) and O.S. Deployment technologies.
- Understanding of current application development standards and methodologies.
- Experience in both bespoke (custom designed) software development and integration of COTS products.
- Understanding of System Integration scoping and delivery activities.
- Practical knowledge of transitioning into operations and support.
- Demonstrable ability to lead a project Technical Design Authority.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills - demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyse and monitor information such as planning, risks, issues, finance, resources, assumptions and dependencies.
- Self-motivated, confident and enthusiastic. Able to work under pressure and on own initiative.
- Capable of establishing a high degree of personal credibility with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Planning and organisational ability to manage a high workload and balance priorities.
- Creative, enthusiastic, customer focussed, pro-active, tenacious, self- managing and committed to the role, with strong personal drive and proven capability to work using own initiative.
- Ability to explain technical issues simply to non-technical colleagues.