Solution Architect / Cloud / Java / Liniux
- Analyze and design technical solutions that are compliant with requirements and performance targets.
- Support to other Professionals in understanding and interpreting scope and designs.
- Complete work to high standards of quality and performance.
- Deliver work items within agreed timescales.
- Complete work in line with corporate IT strategy and subject to peer and management review.
- Contribute to a high performing and dynamic team delivering effective, reliable IT solutions.
- Is responsible for and owns the overall system design including interfaces with other systems.
- Take the lead in presales activities and JAD sessions to understand the overall scope, and produce initial designs, reports and estimates to outline the approach and proposed solution.
- Build strong relationships with business partners to ensure technology alignment with business priorities.
- Clarify business requirements quickly and accurately and develop solutions to meet those requirements.
- Maintain familiarity with key regulatory/compliance issues and ensure system solutions meet all regulatory requirements.
- Shares knowledge and experience with other Professionals in the company.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and key Developers to ensure the design is compliant with requirements and performance targets.
- Assist developers and testers in interpreting scope and designs.
- Assist with problem analysis and resolution.
- Assessing the feasibility and impact of change requests.
- Identify application components and their contents and ensure separate component developments will function together.
- Ownership and contribute to design of standards and QA reviews.
- Identifying appropriate software, methods and technologies to deliver solutions.
- Keeps abreast of developments in IT generally, at the client site and at Sapiens R&D specifically, taking into account any constraints that these will impose on the design/architecture.
- Ability to perform risk analysis and escalate issues to management where appropriate.
- Identifying requests outside of the agreed scope.
Key Skills & Requirements
- Leadership and influencing capabilities.
- Ability to work in a collaborative and energetic environment with other technology and business disciplines.
- Proficient knowledge of diverse technologies including Linux, Unix, Oracle, COBOL, Java, Web Services (SOAP/REST), XML, SOA and ESB middleware.
- Experience in Cloud-based solutions and infrastructure would be advantageous.
- Any experience in Sapiens eMerge development and presentation toolset will be advantageous, but training will be provided if the successful candidate does not have this.
- Experience working in the Life & Pensions insurance industry.
- Willing and able to learn new technologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Competent in software and project estimating and estimation techniques.
- Experience in Agile Development is desirable.
- Experience in UML (Unified Modelling Language) is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a group and alone with good attention to detail and time conscious.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- 5 or more years relevant experience
- Experienced or familiar with The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) principles is desirable
- It is likely that the individual will be a certified software engineer in at least one of the technologies listed. Alternatively, the individual's experience should clearly demonstrate experience and a good technical standard