- Critical project, of national importance.
- Remote working initially.
- INSIDE IR35
About the Job
We are currently involved with the large-scale architecture division of one of the largest police forces in the UK. An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right person to join our Information Services Branch in the role of a Solution Architect. This is a 6-month initial contract that plays a crucial role in the successful delivery of our Strategic Programmes.
Skills you will need
- Experience of working within an enterprise architecture environment in a complex medium to large sized organisation, ensuring that technical projects align against the organisation strategy, architecture and governance objectives.
- Significant practical experience of implementing resilient IT applications in a complex multi-vendor environment.
- Significant experience of reviewing and approving technical specifications and tender responses from third parties.
- Experience of IT Solutions in policing.
- Experience of high level solution design, providing strategic solutions to minimise risk and manage down complexity.
- Experience of working with business process models.
Purpose of the role
Responsible for the design and documentation of the architecture at the application layer. To further the Force's strategic objectives by acting as the application "gate-keeper" for forces setting out the "roadmap" of complimentary applications mapped against force's business areas and priorities, influencing and guiding future business requirements towards a consistent and forward looking set of applications.
If this is something you feel suited to and would like to apply, please send in your CV. Because of the expected volume of applications, we will endeavour to come back to you asap.