SQL Database Specialist
12 Months, review to extend by another year
£450-550 per day. Outside IR35
Hybrid working. London office and remote working.
Willing to undergo Security clearance (SC)
The candidate is required to carry out SQL Database Administration and Developer on a secure (private cloud) and help with migration and setup on Azure.
- Using best techniques and technology to load and extract data into cloud-based virtualised MS SQL Server to and from different data sources.
- Monitoring MS SQL servers so that they are running in the most efficient state.
- Support others to develop their own SQL capabilities, including T-SQL and maintenance.
- Ensure data stored in SQL server is held securely and stored efficiently.
- Develop technology paths so other databases and software packages to access SQL Server
- Advising users on how to get the best out of SQL databases
- Previous experience of database administration of MS SQL 2016 or later
- Previous experience of using SQL Server Integration Services
- Previous experience of at least one scripting language, such as VB Script, Python, PHP or a similar language
- Previous experience of working with working data at "OFFICIAL-SENSITIVE" level
- Previous experience of working with Energy Data
- Previous experience of working on a Cloud Environment
- Previous experience of working with PostgresSQL or later
- Previous experience of Linux OS, such Ubuntu 16 (or later) or anything similar
- Previous experience of designing web pages
- Previous experience of MS Excel and MS Access 2010 or later
- Previous experience of designing databases