My healthcare client in Manchester are looking for a SQL DBA to join their fully-cloud based organisaion.
You will be required to create and maintain all databases required for development, testing and production. Ensuring availability, performance, and security of all databases.
Create specific reports and queries to assist with BI/MI activities.
* To create and maintain all databases required for development, testing and production.
* Create specific reports and queries to assist with BI/MI activities.
* To ensure availability, performance, and security of all databases.
* To create and maintain the databases and ensure patches and upgrades are applied in a timely manner.
* To support the IT Director in monitoring/ensuring the database estate is licensed correctly.
* To manage relationships with key stakeholders.
* To support the IT team.
* To report to the IT Director regarding progress of tasks, identification of data integrity or security issues and proposal of solutions.
* To maintain and improve data integrity and security of the databases.
* Develop ETL's.
* Maintain Data Warehouse.
* Create tables/SQL views etc. to aid business reporting.
* Proactively monitor and ensure the availability, performance and security of all the databases.
* Ensure all databases are backed up.
* Create BI/MI reports and queries.
* Identifying data integrity issues, analysing the root cause and implementing a fix.
* Evaluate releases of the databases, associated tools/products and make recommendations.
Essential Experience / Qualifications:
* A good knowledge of physical database design.
* Proficient knowledge of backup and recovery scenarios.
* Proficient experience of SQL and AZURE security management.
* Experience and knowledge in migrating code and database changes.
* Proficient knowledge of the way SQL enforces data integrity.
* A sound knowledge of both database and program code performance tuning.
* Educated to degree level or higher in computing, scientific or engineering discipline or equivalent relevant experience.
* Extensive experience and proven track record working with /SQL in Azure.
* Extensive experience and proven track record working with associated products/tools e.g. SSIS/SSAS.
* Experience in creating alerts and reports for BI/MI activities.
Salary is up to £70K + benefits and the work is hybrid remote and Manchester office.
If this sounds like the next move in your career then reply with your latest CV and I will be in touch with suitable candidates.