SQL Server Developer
Up to £50,000pa
Would you like to be part of a market leading global organisation that is a driving force in the development of technology?
We are partnered with a hugely successful and global name based in multiple locations in the North West and Midlands. They have offered unwavering support both to their significant employee base but also to the local communities that they serve. They are indeed, bucking the trend of an entire industry to make significant contributions in the fight against Covid-19.
It is a real feel-good story and a company that have committed to virtual interviews and virtual onboarding which in this market, is a real win.
Their staff retention rates are exceptional and the money they invest into training, upskilling and general well-being are a true testament to the caring nature of this company.
As a SQL Server Developer, you will become a vital part of the MIS department and be responsible for building and maintaining the SQL Server systems.
You will set the bar for quality and reliability for the continuing development of the department's most critical and complex systems. To do this, you need to have a keen eye for detail and be able to demonstrate a methodical way of thinking.
- Utilising the SQL server to participate in the development and maintenance of data centric solutions in response to varied business problems.
- Working with the team on multi developer projects.
- Assist in the continuous improvement and maintenance of databases and existing solutions.
- Reporting of activity and trends within the servers/databases.
- Development of business facing reports and solutions. (SSIS, SSRS and SQL Agent)
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of relevant documentation.
Essential Experiences & Skills
- Commercial database development using SQL Server 2012 or later.
- Strong experience with T-SQL and query tuning.
- Experience working within a team environment and delivering high quality solutions.
- High attention to detail and methodical in your way of thinking.
- Experience with SQL Code QA.
- Knowledge of SQL Server performance monitoring.
- Experience working with large database systems.
- Experience of SQL unit testing.