- Manchester, Greater Manchester
- £60000 - £65000 per annum
- Job Type
- Jessica Jolly
My client in the heart of Manchester are looking for a talented Senior SQL Developer to join them as they continue to build out their Tech Hub.
*This role will be hybrid office/home working on a weekly basis*
It's an exciting opportunity to join as they continue to grow the office. Their continued growth will enable them to keep up with the demand for innovative technical solutions to meet the needs of their growing business.
They are offering a very generous salary up to £65K + benefits.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Work closely with other team members including business analysts to successfully implement integration solutions to budget, scope and timescale.
- Take an active role in peer SQL code reviews, balancing technical debt with delivery goals to help maintain code quality.
- Develop, implement and optimise stored procedures and functions using T-SQL
- Develop fit for purpose solutions
- Create high level and detailed functional and technical designs, build, document, test and implement components as required.
- Support the implementation of integrated solutions, with a specific focus on validating the non-functional requirements.
- Develop solutions in accordance with their standards.
- Deliver solutions that meet the existing change management processes.
- Analyse existing SQL queries for performance improvements and suggest new queries as appropriate.
You must be able to travel to the London head office on a regular basis to meet stakeholders.
To be considered you must have:
- Significant SQL & Data experience.
- Extensive & proven technical skills with MS SQL Server (or similar RDBMS), data warehousing and ETL tools and advanced SQL skills (DQL, DML, DDL etc).
- A good understanding of data modelling, data pipelines and workflow.
- Experience working in Agile teams performing iterative development.
- Experience with Distributed Version Control System (Git / BitBucket).
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (TeamCity / Artifactory).
- Experience with enterprise level job scheduling software (e.g. Control-M)
- Able to work with incomplete information when determining business solutions considering relevant dependencies, timing and constraints.
- Able to produce functional requirements, high level design and detailed design specifications when needed to support project processes and delivery requirements.
- Ability to collaborate with end users, stakeholders, and team members.
- Programming as part of a team and performing peer code reviews.
- Demonstrate initiative and independence to solve problems.
- Stand by software engineering principles around quality and doing things the right way.