- £500 - £550 per day + Inside IR35
- Job Type
- Zoe Latuszka
Stakeholder Engagement Lead
Newport or Titchfield - Remote for the foreseeable/Duration if needed
£500-550 per day. Inside IR35
Contract initially until 30th September 2021 (Possible extension)
About the role
We are looking for a stakeholder engagement professional who has experience of leading complex projects, has strong digital engagement skills and excellent writing skills to join a small stakeholder engagement team.
The purpose of this role is to lead the effective delivery of stakeholder engagement on a key project working with stakeholders internally within our organisation and from across government to promote tools and guidance to describe and standardise data across government.
The role will also lead on developing a digital strategy for how the division can more effectively use its digital channels to promote the work of the division and to help grow the presence of the data communities run.
The role will involve working closely with the Stakeholder Engagement Manager and Data Communities Manager, to produce and curate content for digital channels going forward.
The successful candidate will be expected to bring innovative ideas on how to engage with stakeholders internally within our organisation as well as with stakeholders external to us. It will also be essential to be able to gain sufficient understanding of the technical activities within the division and be able to convey these messages effectively, although a technical background is not required to undertake the role.
- Lead the development and implementation of a communications campaign for a divisional priority project to promote tools and guidance to describe and standardize data across government.
- Develop a digital content strategy for effective use of the division's digital channels.
- Work with the Stakeholder Engagement Manager and Data Communities Manager to produce, curate, manage and monitor content for digital channels, including the SharePoint, the cross-government Data Architecture Blog, cross-government Slack spaces and channels, Knowledge Hub and Deputy Directors twitter channel. Example activities include writing blog posts to GOV UK accessibility standards, writing social media posts and building your cross-government data networks to find new and interesting content to share.
- Support the Stakeholder Engagement Manager and Data Communities Manager to find innovative ways to promote the work of the division to internal and external partners.
- Support the delivery of the communications cascade for the Deputy Director as and when required.
The following skills and experience are required to undertake the role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and able to adapt communications style for different audiences.
- Strong digital and social media management skills and proven track record of managing online meetings, social media channels and blogs.
- Experience of building and maintaining effective relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of using a range of software to provide engaging and digestible content.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines and ability to work at a fast pace.
- Experience in government or public sector work, especially in a digital, data or technology field.
- Experience of using and maintaining document management systems such as SharePoint.
- Experience of using project management software such as Jira, Slack etc
- Membership of a professional organisation such as Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) or Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- A qualification in Communication, PR, Marketing, or journalism or demonstratable experience in one of these fields