Strategic Finance and Risk Assistant
Service Now call reference number
Security Clearance required
SC Cleared before starting.
You must have lived in the UK for the past 5 years to apply
Titchfield / Remote
HEO - £18 to £20.40 per hour Inside IR35
Contractor role - LTD or Umbrella for pay
Duration of engagement
3 months initially
15/09/21 12 Noon
Would you love a role where you manage all Divisional risks and have responsibility for tracking all Divisional finances? Do you enjoy working in a fast paced and busy environment with a great team of like-minded people? Then this may be the role for you.
This role will involve working as part of the RSDA Business Delivery Management team to ensure that all risks are captured and reported on regularly. You will also lead on RSDA and Administrative Data Research UK (ADRUK) finances, tracking staff movements within the cost model and raising invoices against Grant Agreement criteria. The role will require collaboration with other Divisions within the Directorate to ensure a consistent approach is maintained, as well as regular interaction with Corporate teams.
The role may include adhoc tasks such as planning, secretariat and change control in order to support ADR UK delivery at key periods. You will also have line management responsibility of 1 EO who will support in all the tasks listed.
Finance & Resource management
- RSDA Baseline - Review outturns against forecasts and report out anomalies for review and provide a monthly report to the G7 prior to the finance bilats.
- ADR UK - Review outturns against the forecasted cost model and payment schedule and report out anomalies for review. Document findings and decisions and provide monthly report to the G7 prior to the finance bilats.
- ADR UK - Prepare quarterly invoices for ESRC, raised and reviewed with G7 and finance partners.
- ADR UK - Carry out end of year analysis of the spend and feed into forecasting discussions with each funded business area.
- Track Resource movements in a matrix to enable accurate tracking of the spend against ADR UK related activity across all funded Divisions.
- Assist with the Grant Agreement Audit response on an annual basis.
Risk & Assurance
- Lead on Assurance and RAID for the Division & ADR UK.
- Identify a RAID log with ADRUK leads within ONS, monitor and manage the risk matrix. Produce risk reports for the internal ADR UK Delivery Board and ADR UK on request.
- Hold workshops, bilats, teleconferences, etc. in order to engage with stakeholders and accurately capture the information required.
- Support MDR PMO with all RAID and Assurance activity.
- Lead on the Business Continuity Planning for RSDA, plan the scenario events and regularly review the plan and re-distribute ensuring our readiness for any event.
Skills and Experience
- Has experience of managing and reporting on risks
- Has experience of setting forecasts, identifying and reporting on financial anomalies and preparing invoices
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to accurately report and present information clearly and coherently to a range of audiences
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a proven record of establishing, building and maintaining strong, collaborative and productive relationships
- Is focused on delivery of outcomes, can work under pressure, adapt quickly and decisively to changing circumstances in a fast-paced and time-sensitive environment.