This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced System Test Engineer to join a global technology company.
You will be involved in the System Testing for hardware devices.
The candidate will be responsible for functional and non-functional testing activities of mobile, hardware platfrom and clould infrastructure. The role will include a focus on Manual Testing with a view to transitioning to automated test scripts where appropriate.
- Minimum 3 years formal testing experience in a structured working environment
- Prior experience of testing embedded hardware platforms
- Practical and effective working knowledge of different testing strategies and types (e.g. BDD,
TDD, Integration Test, Regression, Functional, Non-Functional, etc.)
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have excellent time management and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Highly analytical approach with a real desire to learn and take ownership
- Strong knowledge of Linux commands
- Experience of test results analysis
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A team player but also able to work independently using your initiative.
- Knowledge and experience in testing wireless products such as Wi-Fi, Cellular, Bluetooth, 802.15.4
- Exposure to test automation tools and principles
- Exposure to API design and practices (SOAP, REST, HTTP-RPC)
- Experience in using Linux on embedded systems
- Ability and experience in programming languages such as C, C++, python, java
- Experience working in an fast paced dynamic environment Agile environment
contract, manual testing, remote, bath, bristol, swindon, reading, london, woking, basingstoke