As a highly successful organisation, my client has rapidly grown into a global operation delivering their services to millions of customers across the world
To support their rapidly expanding organisation, they are in need of a technical lead to join their platform delivery team within their infrastructure function
The Infrastructure Technical lead will understand the key technical elements and take ownership of the technical decisions being made in areas inclusive of design, dyorage estates, front end presence, back end processing and data platforms
Essential experience includes:
- Significant experience and knowledge of Linux (preferably Red Hat derivatives) and Windows operating systems.
- Solid understanding of both traditional and modern storage and backup technologies.
- Experience automating infrastructure and solutions at scale using tools like Ansible, Foreman, Jenkins.
- Experience of containers technology stack (Kubernetes, CNCF).
- Scripting/development experience - preferably one or more of bash, Python, Golang, Powershell, C#.
- Version control management systems experience (Git, SVN, etc.).
On a day to day basis you will:
Assist in driving the provision of scalable, maintainable, performant infrastructure utilising agreed technology.
Provide technical solutions by leveraging your awareness of emerging technologies and understanding their fit.
Seek creative and commercially viable ways to leverage Open Source solutions.
Own technical solutions from POC to implementation.
Be an active communicator on technical challenges and potential improvements both within our team and outside.
Use your enthusiasm for technology to help and mentor others within the team.