5 Months (possible extension)
£590 per day. Inside IR35
UK based - Onsite 2 days a week is norm but this is flexible. Exeter base.
A delivery manager is accountable for the performance of the delivery team. In this role, you will:
- Build and maintain teams, ensuring they are motivated, collaborating and working well
- Identify obstacles and help the team to overcome them
- Focus the team on what is most important to the delivery of products and services
- Encourage and facilitate continuous improvement of the delivery team
- Coach and mentor both team members and others to apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques.
The delivery manager role breaks down into three main areas, these are; Agile & lean practices; Team health & happiness, and delivery support.
- Delivery managers lead on agile and lean practices
- Use a variety of agile and lean tools and techniques in order to help the team keep a delivery and learning cadence that helps to remain focused on delivering value against the product vision
- Build and maintain motivated teams, making sure there is an iterative plan to work towards
- Protect the team and make sure the team collaborates, communicates and focuses on what is most important
- Coach team members and others, facilitate continuous improvement and apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques for their environment
- Proactively manage dependencies, overcome obstacles and get the best value against constraints
- Manage risks, budgets and people
- Challenge and improve organisational processes
At a basic level the key skills are:
- Skilled at agile and lean
- Coaching (individuals, the team and people outside of the team)
- Diplomacy & leadership (including servant leadership)
- Communication and facilitation
- Skilled at building trust, managing team dynamics and motivating people
- Reporting including service KPIs and delivery metrics
- Escalate risk and issues to the organisation
- Ensure delivery against business goals
- Own the plan
- Know and appreciate good software and UX practices, including clean code, automated testing, source control and continuous deployment.
- Solid knowledge of the AWS platform. Certification would be good, but not essential.
- SC Clearance