Technical Architect - Java/Oracle
We are currently looking for a Technical Architect who must be hands on. The Architect will work to move legacy systems onto a new greenfield service which will be more API driven. You will work with Product Owners to produce a roadmap where you can look at short and long term solutions.
Working closely with application and modernisation space.
About the role: Successful candidates will have experience with Java and open source technologies and working within a pure agile environment, as well as understanding front and back end development. Experience of Leading teams, mentoring developers and also designing and architecting systems in an integral part of this role.
● Governance - Capable of evolving and defining governance and taking responsibility for collaborating and supporting in wider governance. Knows how to assure services delivered by technical architects across sets of services
● Turning business problems into technical design - Designs systems characterised by medium levels of risk, impact and business or technical complexity. Works across multiple services or a single large or complicated service
● Strategy - Capable of applying strategy, using patterns, standards, policies, roadmaps and vision statements. Able to challenge them and provide guidance
● Bridging the gap between technical and non-technical - Able to listen to the needs of the technical and business stakeholders and interpret between them. Capable of proactive and reactive communication.
● Making and guiding decisions - Able to make decisions characterised by managed levels of risk and complexity and recommend decisions as risk and complexity increase. Capable of resolving technical disputes between wider peers and indirect stakeholders, taking into account all views and opinions
● Understanding the whole context - Able to understand trends and practices outside their team and how these will impact their work. Able to understand how their work fits into the broader strategy and historical context. Capable of considering the patterns and interactions on a larger scale.
● A solid background in version control with Git, and experience of automated testing techniques, continuous integration, automated deployment pipelines and associated infrastructure.
● Experience of introducing practices such as TDD, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and DevOps to teams
● Experience working with cloud infrastructure
● Practical knowledge at many levels of the web stack, from front-end code down to infrastructure and networking
● A working knowledge of unix-like operating systems such as Linux and Mac OS
If you'd like to hear more about this, please click and apply.