London - Waterloo
Fixed term contract - 2 years
The Digital team leads the digital transformation to make it a more data-driven, customer-focused, digital organisation.
Responsible for advising on technical architecture, systems and infrastructure for the Digital Health Intelligence tool. An experienced technical architect is required to create a technical blueprint, scope options, provide informed recommendations for development and offer continued technical advice. The success of this project is reliant on the interaction of large, complex technologies so a technical architect is critical to ensure that the correct solution foundations are laid down.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As the Technical Architect, you'll be responsible for ensuring the project's overall technical design, architecture and systems meets user needs, business needs and acceptance criteria, whilst conforming to information governance, policies, time and budget constraints. You'll thrive using agile methods and enjoy working collaboratively with departments and multidisciplinary teams.
- Design technical services or plan system integration, selecting necessary platforms and technologies to meet project requirements and user needs
- Provide technical leadership and consultancy to both internal and external development teams, ensuring infrastructure is fit for purpose, whilst meeting time and budget restraints
- Build and maintain technical roadmaps, looking ahead for future opportunities or
blockers, and ensuring decisions by development teams align with the strategy
- Encourage communication across multiple development teams to identify strategic requirements and dependencies
- Form a close working relationship with the external supplier team for the programme of work
- Help develop services by contributing code, testing technologies and producing rapid prototypes
- Be involved in the wider ICT, Digital and web development community, identifying good practices to adopt and sharing your experiences
- Enable a positive technical culture, applying agile methods to development and
complete quality assurance practices
- Mentor developers, setting standards and ensuring delivery targets are met
- advise product managers on the estimated effort and technical implications of current user stories, as well as those in the backlog
- Help enable the reuse of patterns, tools, and components across the service landscape
- Help recruit architects, conducting screening sessions and interviews
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject or equivalent qualification or significant experience of working at a similar level in a specialist area.
- Experience leading technical teams and delivering user-focused services
- Strong software development and application architecture experience, with good knowledge of open source technologies, testing and at least one programming language with the ability to adapt quickly to new technologies
- Awareness of emerging security issues and working knowledge of Information Governance policies and procedures and Data Protection
- Ability to read and understand solution design documentation
- Understanding of how to prioritise work in a fast paced, customer centric, environment. Experience working in agile environments, with continual delivery techniques and developmental culture.
- Understanding of how to influence senior management and communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience designing and implementing secure systems that comply with Information Governance standards and policies
- Experience initiating projects, participating in workshops to gather user needs and building prototypes
- Postgraduate qualification in an appropriate subject or equivalent experience gained in similar roles
- Views technology as an enabler, with an eagerness to influence how systems and services are delivered.
- With experience scaling ICT systems and services
- Experience of cloud technologies, enterprise integration tools and extract, transformation and load (ETL) tools
- Experience mentoring technical staff, managing stakeholders and supporting new systems roll-out.