Technical Architect - AWS/Terraform/DevOps
- Must have an ACTIVE SC CLEARANCE to apply - sensitive central Government Data
- Fully remote working anywhere in the UK
- 6 month contract - OUTSIDE IR35 - rates from 550/600 per day
- Deadline Friday 12th March at noon
Description of Requirement:
You'll be working to deliver the technical capability for a variety of data driven projects, across a range of solutions and technologies. You'll have the opportunity to use your technical expertise, gained through current, hands-on involvement in developing real-world systems, and excellent interpersonal skills allied with the ability to quickly develop strong working relationships in high pressure environments.
We are driving transformation change through new technologies and ways of working in a modern, technically focused, data driven organisation.
Able to mediate and mend relationships, communicating with stakeholders at all levels. Able to manage stakeholders' expectations and facilitate discussions across high risk and complexity or under constrained timescales. Able to speak and represent the community to large audiences inside and outside of government.
Has an appreciation of information security, designing solutions and services with security controls embedded, specifically engineered as mitigation against security threats as a core part of the solutions and services.
The following skills are required:
Experience in AWS including producing infrastructure as code using Terraform AND Cloud Formation. Experience in delivering Notebook technology for data science use and experience with Database Virtualisation.
Current active SC is essential
* Developing IT solutions, taking into consideration user needs, re-use, data management, resilience, performance, scalability and security in a service orientated approach
* acting as the technical authority in prospective, leading information gathering and scene setting meetings with other departments, evaluating technical proposals from external suppliers, and making implementation recommendations to senior stakeholders
* leading the design and development of solutions, considering user needs, re-use, data management, resilience, performance, scalability and security in a micro service based approach to service orientated architecture
* all fundamental elements of hosting and consuming cloud technologies, including: design, planning, security and compliance, integration, provisioning, cloud storage, virtualisation
* identifying and minimising risks in IT architectures and data management through the application of standards and policies
Relevant Skills and Experience:
Desirable or Essential
Delivering secure cloud based systems E
Cloud Formation E
Notebooks (use for data science) D