Technical Architect - 12-month Contract - Outside IR35 - Fully Remote working anywhere in the UK
ACTIVE AND CURRENT SC CLEARANCE REQUIRED TO APPLY
Skills and experience in:
- IBM Business Automation Workflow (BAW)
- Business Process Management (BPM)
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
You will be responsible for pro-actively working to investigate and deliver the technical capability for the Automation Centre of Excellence and the various business process automation technologies which they are using
The CoE has been formed to capitalise on the opportunities and benefits which business process automation brings and is a key part of the strategy moving forward.
You will work in a team which includes Automation Engineers, Business Analysts and Security Architects who are delivering a number of opportunities in a DevSecOps manner.
At present we use IBM Business Automation Workflow (BAW) as a Service for our Business Process Management (BPM) capability and WDG Automation for our Robotic Process Automation (RPA) capability.
Both are in their infancy, and a key part of your role will be to establish them in the wider Reference Architecture including developing single sign on, key integrations points as well as developing architecture patterns for specific automation applications built on the platforms.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
Taking ownership of the technical architecture for the automation toolsets, you will take responsibility for investigating their design, and gain a comprehensive understanding of what needs to be in place to allow us to take advantage of their capabilities
You'll have the opportunity to use your technical expertise, gained through current, hands-on involvement in developing real-world systems, and excellent interpersonal skills allied with the ability to quickly develop strong working relationships in high pressure environments.
We are driving transformation change through new technologies and ways of working in a modern, technically focused, data driven organisation.
You will be able to mediate and mend relationships, communicating with stakeholders at all levels and manage stakeholders' expectations and facilitate discussions across high risk and complexity or under constrained timescales. Able to speak and represent the community to large audiences inside and outside of government is essential.
You will have an appreciation of information security, designing solutions and services with security controls embedded, specifically engineered as mitigation against security threats as a core part of the solutions and services.
The following skills are required:
- Experience in working with cloud based and on-premise solutions and integrating services.
- Developing architecture patterns to support a number of use cases which enable us to maximise the use of automation tools in the reference architecture
- Experience in business process automation (Business Process Management / Robotic Process Automation / Intelligent Capture) and improving business processes through the use of these tools.
- Researching and investigating automation technologies and developing technical expertise in these systems. Proactively identifying technical architecture activities to support the automation engineers in developing automation applications
- Developing IT solutions, taking into consideration user needs, re-use, data management, resilience, performance, scalability and security in a service orientated approach
- acting as the technical authority in prospective, leading information gathering and scene setting meetings with other departments, evaluating technical proposals from external suppliers, and making implementation recommendations to senior stakeholders
- leading the design, development and integration of solutions, considering user needs, re-use, data management, resilience, performance, scalability and security.
- all fundamental elements of hosting and consuming cloud technologies, including: design, planning, security and compliance, integration, provisioning, cloud storage, virtualisation
- identifying and minimising risks in IT architectures and data management through the application of standards and policies
- understanding the networking structures and controls involved in connecting disparate systems together over public and private networks and taking all the security implications of that connection into account when seeking change.