With over 50 years of heritage and industry experience our client is a comprehensive provider of Payroll and HR Solutions with a vision to be the clear leader in pay, reward, analytics, and people experiences. They are now seeking a Technical Author who will bring together information from various sources, edit it and deliver appropriate content packages directly to external target audiences. They currently deliver this content to their customers primarily through knowledgebase articles, PDF documents, online Help systems, other web pages, and email. You'll need to liaise with colleagues at all levels across the business, regarding content, style, targeting and delivery of user, technical and service information.
A big part of the role is compiling, consolidating and editing draft content that will be assigned to you through software development lifecycle tools, ITSM (IT service management) tools, and other systems and sources in use at the company, to meet the requirements for customer-facing content. Your flexibility will ensure you're up to the challenge of filling any gaps, as well as working with well-formed standard sources
- Excellent English language editing and writing skills - able to differentiate errors from opinions on style, and articulate reasons for changes.
- At least 2-4 years' experience in technical authoring, technical editing or similar roles.
- Experience with online content authoring tools.
- At least a basic knowledge of HTML, advanced Microsoft Word and basic Adobe Acrobat.
- Flexibility, resilience and positive attitude to adapt priorities in the face of changing needs, especially when under pressure.
- Successful team worker - supportive, co-operative, fairly outgoing. Able to build meaningful, productive working relationships across various teams to ensure appropriate inputs to content and projects.
- Sufficient IT / technical knowledge and awareness to adapt to evolving requirements of creating, editing, delivering and managing customer-facing technical content
If you are interested please apply with a copy of your CV and I will be in touch to discuss the opportunity further in the strictest confidence.
This role can be remote with maybe a couple of times a month in the office.