Technical Architect (Azure). Digital Solutions, Central Government. Inside IR35 - 6 months. IMMEDIATE START
We are Talent Consulting. We design and build better, bolder and inclusive digital solutions for the Public Sector. We work in an agile, iterative way. We work with a wide range of Central Government clients across the UK designing and delivering Enterprise digital solutions.
We are looking for a Technical Architect for a pre discovery and discovery piece on a huge Government Digital programme.
- Analyse, advise and build upon the security of current cloud solutions.
- Create security policies alongside the Cloud architect on new architectural designs.
- Produce detailed documentation to GDS standards, and present these to senior stakeholders
- Assist in developing orchestration and automation solutions.
- Troubleshoot network and infrastructure issues.
- Develop solutions to mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Communicate any security incidents with the team and necessary staff
- Report on evaluations and recommendations for improvement
- Strong working knowledge of Azure technologies (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services, and Multi-Factor Authentication technologies
- Experience with virtualization technologies, network segmentation/network security hardening, disaster recovery, and business continuity process
- Experience architecting solutions for high availability, design for scale and security
- Experience architecting solutions leveraging Cloud technologies (Azure)
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. PowerShell)
- Experience with designing infrastructure for DevOps practices (CICD)
- Experience providing infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques to support application and data movements to multi-cloud topologies (Azure)
If you have experience of working in Central Government or Public Sector environments, or have worked to GDS standards, this would be highly desirable although not essential.