*** MUST HAVE ACTIVE ACTIVE SC CLEARANCE TO APPLY ***
- fully remote working anywhere in the UK
- 6 month contract - Inside IR35
- Deadline: 28th April 2021.
- DevOps (GCP/AWS) experience required. Ideally from a coding or software development background.
* The Clerical matching tool will help ensure all census forms are processed correctly and helps support our automated data coding processes. Working in the Clerical Matching Solution team you will use a range of technologies, including HDFS, Git and Splunk to deliver a critical project. This will include use of cloud technologies such as GCP and AWS.
* The solution is about to launch in preparation to support Census programme activities. Going forward we are looking for the CMS team to support the live running of this tool whilst continuing to enhance functionality to support additional non-census user requirements.
* The team will work in a DevOps style using agile delivery methods. Close collaboration with business partners is expected.
* As the Tech Lead, you will play a leading role in enabling this devops capability within the team, working across function to enable rapid, autonomous delivery and development of the solution.
* You will help mentor and coach members of the team as well as have the appetite and thirst to gain new knowledge and skills, keeping up to date with emerging technologies and the changing landscape, and supporting the design and build of cloud-based solutions in the future, in line with the strategic direction.
* You will be proficient in a wide range of technical systems and remain active in identifying appropriate technology and approaches, leading development to implement user-focused designs. You will ensure that your team's products are supported and maintained using both technical and organisation resources.
* You will be active in your Community of Practice, providing technical leadership, coaching and mentoring, promoting knowledge sharing and adoption of good practice.
Current active SC is essential
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
Drive our digital transformation and collaborating with a variety of likeminded colleagues from within a DevOps culture.
* Work alongside a Delivery Manager to deliver using agile techniques.
* Coach others in technology approaches and career development.
* Run a live system, ensuring the operational aspects of logging, monitoring and alerting are built into the solution.
* Pioneer new methods and forming standards and policies.
* Quickly research and learn new programming languages, tools and techniques and evaluate their operational and strategic fit.
* Implement a wide range of tools, techniques and approaches for test automation.
* Ensure functionality, accessibility, performance and security is a priority to development and throughout the software lifecycle.
For all Technical Lead roles, we are looking for a background in software delivery along with your technical aptitude and ability to lead. An interest in solving the problems we face and technical leadership is much more important than having experience in all the technologies listed.