Technical Lead - RPA and/or BPM
Newport, Titchfield (we are currently working remote, however you will need to have capability to attend a nominated site in the future)
Inside IR35. Due to this open to daily rates. £550-650 as rough estimate.
August 2021 - March 2022
Description of Requirement:
The Office for National Statistics has established a Business Process Automation Centre of Excellence (CoE) to support the introduction of:
- Business Process Management (BPM)
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
We make use of the IBM Business Automation Workflow BPM / Case Management toolset for BPM and this is a core element of our automation strategy to manage end to end process design
We are introducing RPA using IBM RPA (formerly WDG automation), which is now an IBM company and part of their wider Digital Business Automation (DBA) Platform and deployed in a blended manner with BPM.
Together, these tools will form the backbone of our automation approach, supplemented by other technologies as required such as Automated Decision Making and Intelligent Document Capture and Microsoft Power Automate.
The Coe team is run as a DevSecOps team and we have a number of automation engineers covering both BAW and RPA.
We are looking for a contractor us for a seven-month period who have extensive experience in using RPA technologies and how to deploy and configure attended / unattended bots and virtual intelligent assistants / chatbots.
These individuals will work along side IBM consultants and permanent members of staff and will be responsible for developing automation applications, exploring new opportunities using IBM RPA and supporting permanent members of staff in developing their experience in the use of the tools.
We recognise that IBM RPA is a new tool in the European marketspace, however, experience has shown that contractors with alternative experience in UI Path, Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, etc. are able to transfer their known and pick up the tool quickly.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the main areas of responsibility
- Helping the Head of the Centre of Excellence to establish the CoE, including putting place governance, reuse standards, processes, etc.
- Identifying and Developing opportunities for automation and exploring the possibilities for applying automation to business processes
- Developing and configuring IBM RPA to deliver specific applications to business areas.
- Supporting and mentoring business / IT users and helping them in the configuration of the automation toolsets
- Putting in place automation development and configuration standards / best practice, including establishing governance procedures around the use of automation technologies
- Identifying integration points between automation technologies and the wider ONS architecture and working with technical / solution architects to define and develop these integrations