Please only apply if you have public sector experience.
We will call candidates if they are a right fit for this role.
6 months contract (Outside IR35)
The Test Analyst contractor will be part of the Corporate Systems Project. The team is responsible for delivering a suite of changes to the core back office systems, including SAP. We are enabling the latest technology and processes in support of its business ensuring its staff are supported to work as efficiently and effectively as possible; maximising the use of digital opportunities; and providing excellent value for money for taxpayers
As part of an existing project team and under supervision of the Corporate Systems Delivery Manager, the Test Analyst contractor's role is to define, create and execute tests from the analysis of functional and non-functional requirements, producing test scripts aligned with functionality and the business process, and test materials and regression test packs to test system functionality and services.
- The contractor will be expected to record and analyse actions and results, reviewing and modifying tests as necessary and provide reporting and feedback on progress, anomalies, risks and issues.
- Additionally, the Test Analyst will assist the project by producing training materials and user guides aligned with business process and will support the project team in delivering these to our user community.
- The Test Analyst will also provide assistance and skills transfer to business testers carrying out User Acceptance Testing and will need to work closely with various teams to achieve this.
- There will be no line management responsibility.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the following skills/experience:
- Proven knowledge and experience of applying structured test methods and processes.
- Advise the Delivery Manager and Product Manager on the appropriate level of testing and governance
- Proven experience and application of test-based analysis to determine and test business processes.
- A commitment to quality and thoroughness in the approach to the testing work.
- Be driven to deliver against agreed timescales and agreed acceptance criteria.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively to achieve results both with project team specialists and the wider business community.
- Ability to work on a self-sufficient basis.
- Ability to learn a system from 'hands on' use.
- Ability to work comfortably within a fast-changing environment, reacting quickly and positively to change.
- Working with and testing web-based technologies.
- Experience of testing in an SAP environment, knowledge of Success Factors and Concur will be an advantage
- Knowledge of and adherence to TMMI2 standards