Test Development Automation Engineer / Networking / 5G
I am working with an incredibly interesting organisation who are at the forefront of end-to-end Neutral Host 5G networks.
This organisation partners with cities and carriers to create plug-and-play active neutral host 5G small cell infrastructure that more efficiently densifies wireless networks by reducing the need for redundant radios in the same critical indoor and outdoor locations.
Main Purpose of the Job:
The Senior Test Development Engineer plays a key role in the development of the test automation framework for internally developed RAN solution and integrated third-party products. This includes playing a key role in the quality assurance phase of the product CI/CD pipeline, as well as a test tool for development and network engineering teams.
The test automation framework is a vital tool in the validation of the end-to-end Neutral Host 5G network, including Core, RAN and OSS functions. Enabling the rapid deployment of 5G networks across the operating businesses.
The Senior Test development Engineer will define implement and test the automated test framework that ensure product & network builds meet functional and non-functional specifications and provide confidence that our software is of the highest quality and meets customer expectations.
· Introduction and execution of an automated test strategy across the team in line with engineering practices, ensuring requirements and defect traceability throughout.
· Consideration for initial rollout, maintenance and ongoing feature development.
· Architect, design, implement and test of the automated test framework to be used by System Test, Development and Network Engineering teams.
· Consider build versus buy risks/benefits/considerations for test framework and associated tools.
· Follow development practices during the design and development of the test framework, including change management, source control, documentation and test.
· Integration with CI/CD pipeline.
· Automated Test lab documentation and build-out.
· Consideration for test scheduling, repeatability, test reports, event reporting, logging, defect root cause analysis.
· Rollout and adoption of the test framework across the Engineering team.
· Contribute and review requirements specifications, business and product use-cases to ensure the automated test framework continues to play a key role in product development.
· Support QA system test, integration, and development teams to continually increase automated test coverage.
· Mentoring and coaching across the Test Development team.
Education and Experience:
· Five years working in a test automation development role.
· Previous coaching/mentoring/leading preferable.
· In-depth knowledge of verification strategies and automatic verification tools.
· Knowledge of 4G/5G mobile networks preferable.
· Experience working in an Agile environment beneficial.
· Experience of CI / CD implementations.
· Technical degree preferable.
· Able to structure and execute testing strategies around customer needs and expectations.
· An excellent planner able to schedule and prioritise work and react positively to issues occurring.
· Able to present information in a clear and concise way to peers and managers.
· Good stakeholder and team management relationship and influencing skills.