450 per day. Outside IR35.
Remote working. Blended approach between office (Edinburgh) and home working when safe.
The organisations ambition is to have enduring development teams aligned to the business domains ensuring that ownership of software products is clear. We are on a journey to move from projects on-premises to enduring products in the cloud. The Other Registers domain is one of six product domains established to enable us to develop and support high quality and resilient digital products. The team is multifunctional with a strong collaborative and agile culture, and employing XP engineering practices, especially pairing and TDD, with a strong infrastructure-as-code ethos. The Other Registers domain is currently developing new AWS-native Registers of Judgements, Inhibitions and Deeds, and also supports a number of existing Registers
- Development and support of a new Register of Inhibitions
- Development and support of a new Register of Deeds
- Replace and retire the existing Chancery and Judicial Registers with the registers above
- Continued development and support of Other Registers products in-line with the product and architecture roadmaps, including Register of Applications by Community Bodies to Buy Land and the Register of Community Interest in Land.
- Drive effort on bespoke test automation solutions as appropriate.
- Perform manual testing where appropriate (including exploratory and nonfunctional).
- Demonstrate excellent, sustainable, and collaborative software development practice that's focused on delivering highly readable, maintainable, and appropriate artefacts.
- Actively participating in all team events, leading where specialist knowledge in required, and supporting the team to improve their process through inspection and adaptation.
- Investigate production issues, monitoring and metrics
- Engage with the wider communities of practice and interest to share knowledge, techniques and experience.
- Routinely use collaborative development practices such as pairing and mobbing techniques in programming, code reviews, system design and requirements analysis/refinement, etc.
- Coaching and mentoring other team members, as appropriate.
Some of these services may need to be provided outside of core business hours (07:30-17:30) in order to ensure continuity of service. The successful supplier is expected to plan and manage their working hours accordingly
- REST APIs
- Accessibility testing
- Exploratory testing
- Modern DevOps and CI/CD practices including deployment pipelines
- Designing and testing with relational and NoSQL databases, particularly Postgres and Mongo
Significant and demonstrable commercial experience in the following areas:
- Experienced in building and maintaining test automation frameworks
- Delivering high quality software collaboratively in high-performing, cross-functional development teams.
- Developing within GDS or Digital First (or similar) quality standards
- Working with the business, to understand the context, and to focus on delivering quality and value
- Ensuring robustness of code via error-handling, alerting mechanisms, healthchecks, computer consumable logging, regardless of tools/language/environment.
- Non- functional testing including Accessibility, Usability and Performance testing
- Using testing tools for unit testing, including system test automation frameworks
- Cloud monitoring, telemetry, intelligence tools and processes, including Grafana
- Working in Agile delivery models
- Making excellent quality software with other people
- AWS including: o CDK o Serverless (Lambda) o S3 o API Gateway o Cloud Formation o Aurora/Postgres o TypeScript