- £350 - £375 per day + Outside IR35
- Job Type
- Zoe Latuszka
450 per day. Outside IR35.
Remote working. Blended approach between office (Edinburgh) and home working when safe.
An experienced developer in test with solid commercial experience of building and testing web applications using React, Next.js in an OpenShift environment is required to accelerate Registers of Scotland's delivery of new and improved digital services to our customers.
- Further development, support and testing of the Digital Submission Service to increase the efficiency of application intake.
- Development, support and testing of a replacement for RoS' existing Reports Portal, ultimately enabling the retirement of the legacy system.
- Ensuring robust test coverage of system components by maintaining and extending automated test solutions
o Ensuring appropriate application bundling to prevent split submissions
o Modifications to the existing LBTT process o Improved document handling to reduce rejection rates
o Simplifying the rejection process
- Continued enhancement of the ScotLIS business and public platforms based on ongoing customer feedback
- Continued development and support of Customer Facing products in line with the product and architecture roadmaps
- Demonstrate excellent, sustainable and collaborative software development and testing practice that's focused on delivering highly readable, maintainable and appropriate artefacts.
- Actively participating in all team events, leading where specialist knowledge in required, and supporting the team to improve their process through inspection and adaptation.
- Engage with the wider RoS communities of practice and interest to share knowledge, technique and experience.
- Ensure high quality of developed solutions through development and maintenance of unit tests - with appropriate code coverage - and code analysis using code quality tools.
- Ensure that developed software complies with non-functional requirements, such as accessibility, security, UI/UX, performance, maintainability, deployability, etc..
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms, from the AWS-based modern stack to the multiple strands of ETL and database (legacy and otherwise) that underpins the service.
- Routinely use collaborative practices such as pairing and mobbing techniques in programming, code reviews, testing, system design and requirements analysis/refinement, etc.
- Coaching and mentoring other team members, as appropriate.
Some of these services may need to be provided outside of core business hours (07:30-17:30) in order to ensure continuity of service. The successful supplier is expected to plan and manage their working hours accordingly
Significant and demonstrable commercial experience in the following areas:
- Delivering high quality software collaboratively in high performing, cross-functional development teams
- Designing, gaining consensus, and implementing technical solutions for software development projects
- Working with the business, to understand the context, and to focus on delivering quality and value.
- Ensuring robustness of code via error-handling, alerting mechanisms, healthchecks, computer consumable logging, regardless of tools/language/environment.
- Using testing tools for unit testing, including system test automation frameworks
- Incrementally replacing enterprise legacy systems
- Working in Agile delivery models
- Working with Digital First or GDS quality standards
- Developing solutions using human-centred, research-driven, inclusive design practices
- Non- functional testing including Accessibility, Usability and Performance testing
- Knowledge of the Scottish Land Registration process
- Designing and testing with relational and NoSQL databases, particularly Postgres, Oracle, Informix and Mongo
- Mining of complex data sets to identify complex and boundary test cases
- AWS * Modern DevOps and CI/CD practices including deployment pipelines, Jenkins and Docker.
- Software release management * Has previous development background * Kibana and Grafana