RITM0683740 Test Manager
Security Clearance required
Active SC Clearance required
Remote / Newport or Titchfield Office
550/600 per day Inside IR35 - can be negotiable for the right candidate
Until 31st January 2022.
12 noon 12th October 2021
ONS is the UK's largest independent producer of Official Statistics and is the recognised national statistics institute for the UK. It is responsible for collecting and publishing statistics related to the economy, population and society at national, regional and local levels. It also conducts the census in England and Wales every ten years. Our statistics help government, businesses and citizens to make informed decisions and choices, based on information they can trust.
ONS also plays a leading role in national and international good practice in the production of official statistics. It is the executive office of the UK Statistics Authority.
Reporting to the Head of Test you will be working as part of the Test Branch working in the Transformation Integrated Shared Services (TISS) Division as part of a team of professional testers.
The role will be responsible for ensuring that systems, services and end to end processes are tested, integrated and operationally ready. The postholder will work closely with business leads within the Programme as well as internal and external developers and suppliers, to identify the resources required to perform testing, onboarding resources and leading them to deliver the test strategy that will fully test that the design is accurately implemented.
The role will also be responsible for the processes/controls and reporting to ensure that testing meets agreed quality standards for operational acceptance and all relevant stakeholders have visibility of testing progress and System and User Acceptance Testing and Quality Assurance within ONS business departments.
You will be communicating and engaging across the Programme to ensure stakeholders and all constituent projects understand and are committed to delivery of testing and required operational activities in line with the delivery and Programme plans.
Working with development teams, 3rd parties, operations teams and business areas to plan, co-ordinate and manage/facilitate testing (included interdependencies) you will ensure the agreed test strategy is correctly implemented by means of the following activities: -
· Test planning co-ordination
· Test scheduling, including test plans, dependencies, people and products
· Identifying, creating or obtaining test data
· Ensure all acceptance test resources and pre-requisites are in place
· Ensuring test scenarios, including prioritising test paths with expected outcomes and acceptance criteria are in place.
· Risk identification and management
· Test implementation whilst maintaining oversight of testing quality.
· Assurance against SLAs and functional/non functional requirements.
· Production of evidence to support monitoring of operational readiness through delivery of entry / exit criteria via formal gateways.
You will work closely with various business and technical teams, including Product Owners, Subject Matter Experts, Delivery Managers and Agile Development team members.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
· To analyse and review user requirements, specifications and models for testability.
· Responsible for the production of test plans, test conditions, scenarios, scripts, and the identification and extraction of custom data for use in testing.
· To ensure that User Acceptance Testing is conducted on the appropriate Test Environment against approved product releases, according to the delivery plan.
· Collation and reporting of all test results.
· To quality assure internal and external supplier testing.
· To provide support to the test team and business testers during test execution to run tests, evaluate and record results and to raise defects.
· To coach and mentor member of the test team and business testers in the risk-based and scenario-driven approach to Acceptance Testing.
· To facilitate business test leads and Product Owners during the agile development lifecycle.
· ISTQB Test Foundation Certification
· 3+ years' experience in a Test Management role.
· Software / Web application testing
· QA/Testing methodologies with software development lifecycle (SDLC) understanding
· Hands-on User Acceptance Testing planning and coordination
· Experience using JIRA
· ISTQB Advanced Test Manager Certification
· Statistical Analysis and Data Flow Testing
· Agile Scrum delivery methodology
· Experience of managing 3rd Party Suppliers
· DevOps/TestOps experience
Security clearance required for the role (please delete as required, if unsure of the appropriate security level for role contact the security team)
· Security Check (SC)
This level of clearance is indicated by a yellow strip on a staff pass; Staff with regular, routine access to data that typically identifies multiple or bulk specific or sensitive commercial, market or personal information require an additional clearance. An SC provides satisfactory assurance in this context. This includes staff who have access to shared mailboxes or other shared information they manage on behalf of other staff who are SC or DV cleared;