- £600 - £650 per day + (negotiable), Inside IR35
- Job Type
- Tara Hibbott
Inside IR35 - rates are negotiable
5 months initially
Deadline: 12 noon 11/10/21
The Business Transition Management function within the Service Requirements and Integration Branch is responsible for maintaining a consistent framework to evaluate the delivery of a new or significantly changed service and/or capability and risk profile before it is released or deployed. It is also responsible for ensuring that a service and/or capability can be managed, operated, and supported in accordance with the requirements and constraints specified in service design.
The Transition Management team acts as a conduit between Business Project Teams, Delivery Partners, and the in-life Service Operations teams. The purpose of the team is to bring some regularity to the quality of delivery as new or significantly changed service and/or capabilities move through the transition stages. They also play a key role in risk mitigation, post transition activity such as decommissioning, operational service assurance.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead on the transition management delivery activities for the census data collection decommissioning project
· Agree the assurance criteria for the closure of systems, supplier deliverables and services.
· Facilitate the mandatory quality gates held as Transition Reviews.
· Identify and monitor assurance risks and issues and develop mitigation action plans.
· Working with the Business Project Manager, Service Owners and internal Digital Services and Technology partner, determine the outline of what will be decommissioned, how and by which party.
· Ensure that functional and non/functional requirements are in progress.
· Engage with wider stakeholder group to ensure that all parties are aware of the agreed levels of assurance and are resourced accordingly.
· Support these stakeholders to prepare for the Readiness Review phase.
· Facilitate the decommissioning quality assurance gates, known as Decommissioning Readiness Reviews (DRRs).
· Identify and monitor Transition assurance risks and issues.
· Develop mitigating action plans with relevant stakeholders.
· Develop and document an assurance criteria for the closure of systems, supplier deliverables and services.
· Create a transition management decommissioning plan. Track and report delivery against the milestones.
· Monitor functional and non-functional requirements through key stakeholders and internal delivery partners. Identify assurance risks and develop mitigating plans.
· Implement a series of DRRs; publish results and any follow up actions.
· Formal ITIL v2/v3/v4 practitioner qualifications in an appropriate Service Transition area.
· Project Management tools: Jira, Confluence
· Agile Methodologies: Scrum, Kanban