UAT Test Manager - Contract - Central Government
*** SC Clearance - must have used or gained SC Clearance within the last 12 months to apply ***
- Remote working anywhere in the UK
- £600/£675 per day inside IR35
- Until 31st March 2022 initially
- Deadline: 12 noon 3rd December 2021
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Head of Test you will be working as part of the Test Branch working in the Transformation Integrated Shared Services (TISS) Division as part of a team of professional testers.
The role will be responsible for ensuring that systems, services, and end to end processes are tested, integrated and operationally ready. The postholder will work closely with business leads within the Transformation Programme as well as internal and external developers and suppliers, to identify the resources required to perform testing, onboarding resources, and leading them to deliver the test strategy that will fully test that the design is accurately implemented.
The role will also be responsible for the processes/controls and reporting to ensure that testing meets agreed quality standards for operational acceptance and all relevant stakeholders have visibility of testing progress and System and User Acceptance Testing and Quality Assurance within business departments.
You will be communicating and engaging across the Programme to ensure stakeholders and all constituent projects understand and are committed to delivery of testing and required operational activities in line with the delivery and programme plans.
Working with development teams, third parties, operations teams, and business areas to plan, co-ordinate and manage/facilitate testing (included interdependencies) you will ensure the agreed test strategy is correctly implemented by means of the following activities: -
- Test planning co-ordination
- Test scheduling, including test plans, dependencies, people, and products
- Identify, creating or obtaining test data
- Ensure all acceptance test resources and pre-requisites are in place
- Ensuring test scenarios, including prioritising test paths with expected outcomes and acceptance criteria are in place.
- Risk identification and management
- Test implementation whilst maintaining oversight of testing quality.
- Assurance against SLAs and functional/nonfunctional requirements.
- Production of evidence to support monitoring of operational readiness through delivery of entry / exit criteria via formal gateways
- You will work closely with various business and technical teams, including Product Owners, Subject Matter Experts, Delivery Managers and Agile Development team members.
· To analyse and review user requirements, specifications, and models for testability.
· Responsible for the production of test plans, test conditions, scenarios, scripts, and the identification and extraction of custom data for use in testing.
· To ensure that User Acceptance Testing is conducted on the appropriate Test Environment against approved product releases, according to the delivery plan.
· Collation and reporting of all test results.
· To quality assure internal and external supplier testing.
· To provide support to business testers during test execution to run tests, evaluate and record results and to raise defects.
· To coach and mentor business testers in the risk-based and scenario-driven approach to Acceptance Testing.
· To facilitate business test leads and Product Owners during the agile development lifecycle.
Skills and Experience
It is essential you have proven experience of:
· Acting as a Test Manager within a team.
· Proven ability to remain positive and focused under pressure.
· Excellent attention to detail and ability to identify key information from various sources of data.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a proven record of establishing, building, and maintaining relationships.
· Working in a fast-paced environment and ability to adapt to a new and ever-changing working environment.
· Responding quickly and decisively to changing circumstances and to a tight timetable
· ISTQB Test Foundation Certification
· 3+ years' experience in a Test Management role.
· Software / Web application testing
· QA/Testing methodologies with software development lifecycle (SDLC) understanding
· Hands-on User Acceptance Testing planning and coordination
· Experience using JIRA
· ISTQB Advanced Test Manager Certification
· Statistical Analysis and Data Flow Testing
· Agile Scrum delivery methodology
· Experience of managing 3rd Party Suppliers
· DevOps/TestOps experience