User-Centred Design Lead / Head of User Experience
GDS Principals / Central Government
Inside IR35 £700-£800pd, before deductions.
Currently working with a critical division within central government, we are looking to recruit a Head of User Experience / User Centred Design.
The successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Setting the overall design direction and desired user experience for the service
- Accountable for whether the design of the service and products meets user needs
- Ensuring the design of the service is equitable and inclusive, and meets the needs of under-served communities who are over-impacted by COVID-19
- Scope and shape the work to be done, direct the work of user-centred design practitioners in their teams, and assure overall design quality collaborate with senior leaders on their programme to prioritise the work of designers and user researchers to ensure it delivers most value and impact
- Influence operational design, leading how it is implemented in design team practice
- Help ensure that designers, content designers and user researchers have the right conditions and environment to thrive
- Provide senior leaders and team members from other professions take a user-centric approach and support them in increasing their knowledge and understanding of user-centred design
- Collaborate with the Head of Service & Interaction Design, Head of Content Design, and Head of User Research to provide vision and leadership for the overall user-centred design profession
The consultant will have experience in the below areas:
- Extensive experience in cross-disciplinary User-Centred Design Leadership roles, including coaching and mentoring less experienced colleagues
- Empowering, leading and developing large cross-disciplinary teams of designers, content designers and user researchers, co-ordinating work across multiple projects, and ensuring people are organised appropriately and effectively so that design activities deliver maximum value and impact
- Proven experience in engaging with, and influencing, key individuals/teams to deliver outcomes, including senior stakeholders up to board level
- Extensive experience in establishing positive working relationships and influencing and persuading at all levels
If this sound like a role that speaks to your existing skillset, as we are currently working remotely please apply and send and up to date CV asap.