Newport - Remote for foreseeable and duration if needed
Inside ir35 - 550-650 perday
A unique opportunity to work on the presentation and results from the 2021 Census, making sure they are provided to users in ways that meet users' needs. This Census will be the best yet, with information provided in a flexible, timely and accessible way. Joining the Census dissemination team you will be part of a nationally important programme to deliver a findable, rich and integrated set of products, and compelling Census analysis and dynamic online content.
User researchers plan, design and carry out research activities with users that help teams get a deep understanding of the people that use government services.
Research informs policy, proposition, service, content and interaction design so that services work well for users and achieve their policy intent.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
* Planning, designing and conducting research sessions to support the design and development of services
* Leading the user research process from developing user recruitment briefs through to test moderation, analysis and report writing
* Considering and using the most appropriate research method to test new product and concept developments, including a variety of methods such as usability testing, interviewing, pop up research to ensuring the user needs are fully understood in the service design.
* Working closely with designers, developers and product owners to turn user data into actionable product/service requirements that feed into and influence product direction.
* Designing, scripting and analysing qualitative and quantitative data through a variety of research methods such as surveys, analytics, in-depth interviews etc.
* Applying the user-centered design principles to product and service design in an iterative development environment
* Communicating research findings to all relevant stakeholders using the most appropriate styles and techniques to inform decision making based on user needs.
* Managing the recruitment of participants, ensuring a representative sample is obtained with accountability for schedules and value for money
* Promoting user-centered design principles and best practice
* Managing research findings such as research reports and video footage to ensure they are accessible by relevant stakeholders.
* Working with the wider user research community to share knowledge and experience
* Conducting research with a range of users with diverse needs with to ensure products and services are accessible and inclusive.