6-12 month contract
We are currently looking for a User Researcher to join our client based in central London, on an initial 6-12 month contract, working in one of the best agile and working environments.
Projects will be in various phases - Discovery to Live and will command the successful candidate to take ownership of using the right methods of data collection that are suitable to the requirement and nature of the project.
- Planning, designing and preparing a range of user research activities to support the design, development and continuous improvement of complex services.
- Carrying out a wide range of user research activities from recruiting participants, preparing discussion guides and moderating research sessions.
- Leading colleagues to analyse research data and synthesise clear and actionable findings, including working closely with analytics colleagues to create a rich picture of user behaviour.
- Communicating user research findings to help the team and wider organisation develop a deep understanding of users and their needs.
- Working closely with product managers, designers and developers to turn user research findings into stories and actions that lead to valuable product and service features.
- Aligning user research activities with wider plans to inform service propositions
- Contributing to the wider user research community - including presenting at meetups, writing blog posts and leading on aspects of practice.
Skills and experience
It's essential that you have:
- Experience of advocating for user research and engaging sceptical colleagues and stakeholders.
- Experience of helping teams to adopt user centred service design and delivery practices and embed them into their agile workflow.
- The ability to understand the complex problems a team is trying to solve, and align user research activities to inform decision-making and action.
- Experience of helping teams adopt a wide range of user research methods, analysis and synthesis techniques and approaches to presenting and sharing findings.
- Proven experience of introducing new user research methods into a team, and guiding colleagues in the choice and effective application of research methods.
It's desirable that you have:
- Knowledge of the technologies used to build and operate digital services, and the ability to work closely with colleagues in technical roles and to constructively challenges technical constraints.