Initial 3 month contract
We are currently looking for User Researchers to work remotely for our client based in Fareham.
- Planning, designing and preparing a range of user research activities to support the design, development and continuous improvement of complex services.
- Carrying out a wide range of user research activities from recruiting participants, preparing discussion guides and moderating research sessions.
- Leading colleagues to analyse research data and synthesise clear and actionable findings, including working closely with analytics colleagues to create a rich picture of user behaviour.
- Communicating user research findings to help the team and wider organisation develop a deep understanding of users and their needs.
- Working closely with product managers, designers and developers to turn user research findings into stories and actions that lead to valuable product and service features.
- Aligning user research activities with wider plans to inform service propositions
- Contributing to the wider user research community - including presenting at meetups, writing blog posts and leading on aspects of practice.
Skills and experience
It's essential that you have:
- Experience of advocating for user research and engaging sceptical colleagues and stakeholders.
- Experience of helping teams to adopt user centred service design and delivery practices and embed them into their agile workflow.
- The ability to understand the complex problems a team is trying to solve, and align user research activities to inform decision-making and action.
- Experience of helping teams adopt a wide range of user research methods, analysis and synthesis techniques and approaches to presenting and sharing findings.
- Proven experience of introducing new user research methods into a team, and guiding colleagues in the choice and effective application of research methods.
It's desirable that you have:
- Knowledge of the technologies used to build and operate digital services, and the ability to work closely with colleagues in technical roles and to constructively challenges technical constraints.