6 month contract
£360 per day. Outside IR35
Remote for foreseeable/duration if needed. When the risk of COVID infection is eliminated or much reduced, we envision that many of the team and community activities will take place at our Edinburgh or Glasgow offices, for at least a part of each week. However if someone couldn't do this, that is fine.
An experienced User Researcher is required to inform the design and delivery of digital platforms for both internal staff and external customers. We have made significant strides in the redesign of its internal staff and external customer facing services, and that pace has accelerated recently directly to meet both our organisational objectives and the impact of COVID-19. Our external facing platforms are responsible for the successful data capture, registration and digital exchange of information with existing internal as well as external services. Their aim is to simplify, improve and develop registration processes for our customers. Our internal staff platforms and services are currently undergoing significant change and development. The tools and interfaces that our staff use underpin the accuracy and integrity of our registers. Their aim is to enhance the development of new tools, systems and interfaces that our staff are using. In order to achieve the key deliverables of the projects, multi-disciplinary delivery teams have been set-up. The teams use agile methodologies with the aim of meeting Digital First Service Standards. The project itself provides an efficient and effective digital cadastral mapping system that meets the current and future needs of our organisation and its customers. The system uses current spatial technology that ensures we have a flexible and modern platform to meet new challenges. It also allows us to present spatial information to customers with easy to use applications.
The main outcome of each project and team is to maintain and enhance the existing platforms within the mapping domain
- Involved in ensuring that system touch-points during a users' life-time with us are part of a coherent, consistent experience
- Conducting exploratory user research that will bring out user needs.
- Ensuring that usability research is undertaken frequently, economically with appropriate users and measures as part of the development cycle
- Creating high and low fidelity prototypes based on existing design patterns that bring results from the research to life, complete with customer journeys
- Delivering UX feedback to Agile delivery teams to compliment sprint cycles
- Work as part of a multi-disciplined team to design user focussed and successful services
- Support the UX community and coach or pair with other members of the team
- Build relationships and working effectively with internal staff and external parties, for example legal firms, lenders, citizens, and Scottish Government
- Actively participate in Registers of Scotland's UX Practice, sharing best practice techniques
- Support the UX community in providing cover for teams across domains affected by COVID 19 where it is feasible
- Able to listen to the needs of the technical and business stakeholders, and interpret between them.
- Able to manage stakeholders' expectations and be flexible, is capable of proactive and reactive communication
- Facilitates difficult discussions within the team or with diverse senior stakeholders
- Experience working within an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment, and ability to deliver iterative design components (including user journeys) to the development team
- Can produce artefacts to engage teams with the user experience
- Engages in fostering a UX community within our organisation
- Able to make decisions characterised by medium levels of risk and complexity and recommend decisions as risk and complexity increase, building consensus between services or independent stakeholders.
- Able to identify problems or issues in the team dynamic and rectify them.
- Engages in varying types of feedback choosing the right type at the appropriate time and ensuring discussions and decisions are actioned as appropriate.
- Experience off user research and analysis, utilising both quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience of producing, running and analysing multiple surveys
- Manages, supports and stretches self and others to deliver agreed goals and objectives
- Keeps focused on the goals that really matter, and takes responsibility for delivering outcomes on time and to a high standard
- Visualising and implementing strategic user-centred design, applying different risk methodologies in proportion to the risk in question, with the ability to apply a digital understanding to their work and to identify and implement solutions for assisted digital.
- Experience of delivering first class government services following the Scottish Government Digital First Service Standard
- Experience of working in a team of UX professionals
- Knowledge of WCAG accessibility standards and principles
- Experience of simplifying high volume, complex process flows
- Customer journey mapping
- Creation of design standards and practices
- Axure RP, Sketch, Hotjar, Google Analytics
- Knowledge of RoS