BPSS and DBS
Remote or Newport or Titchfield Office
600/650 per day Inside Ir35 ideally
Can be negotiable
Duration of engagement
12 noon 28th September 2021
Methods, Data and Research Directorate (MDR) provides the statistical infrastructure (in the broadest sense) and underpinning frameworks necessary to enable the GSS and the wider research community to make better use of data. MDR was established as a directorate during 2017, and has been structured into five divisions:
· Data as a Service Division co-ordinates requirements for new data, bringing it into the environment and making it available across the organisation.
· Data Architecture Division will ensure that data is organised and referenced so that it can be access quickly and used appropriately by the organisation.
· Methodology Division will develop new methods for working with new non-survey data sources, and for integrating non-survey and survey data.
· Best Practice and Impact Division fosters the best practice developed within MDR across the GSS (and vice versa), and ensures that innovation in the use of data is pushed across government.
· Researcher Support and Data Access maximises the benefits of the expanded ONS data estate to the wider research community.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
The purpose of this role is to support ongoing development of our Division's products and services, by offering and championing a user/customer view.