User Experience Researcher x2
- £400 - 420 per day
- Outside IR35
- Remote - UK based
- Deadline is 4th March
- Initially 6 months
Department: Service Design
An experienced User Researcher is required to lead research informing the discovery phase of existing and new registration processes in the land and property registration service (Registration department).
About the projects:
This role will be based within the land and property registration service. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape one of the most crucial business areas
This project team are primarily working with internal staff and management to improve multiple digital and paper-based registration processes.
The Service Design department offers a range of capability to the organisation including Business Analysts, Service Designers, Quant Analysts and Agile coaches. Service Design covers a broad remit in working to understand our customer needs and placing those at the heart of how we design and deliver our digital services, of how we organise our people and how we deliver operational processes.
Our community is embedded as part of cross-functional delivery teams, operational and corporate business units, innovation centres and business change.
Remote working for the foreseeable future.
Main outcomes & You will regularly facilitate, prepare, and conduct research.
You will routinely provide artefacts including insights, finding reports and recommendations that will be shared with the land and property registration service management and teams and wider organisation.
* Involved in ensuring that system touch-points during a users' life-time with services Registers of Scotland (RoS) are part of a coherent, consistent experience
* Conducting exploratory user research that will bring out user needs.
* Ensuring that usability research is undertaken frequently, economically with
appropriate users and measures as part of the development cycle
* Creating high and low fidelity prototypes based on existing design patterns that
bring results from the research to life, complete with customer journeys
* Delivering UX feedback to Agile delivery teams to compliment sprint cycles
* Work as part of a multi-disciplined team to design user focussed and successful
* Support the UX community and coach or pair with other members of the team
* Build relationships and working effectively with internal staff and external parties,
for example legal firms, lenders, citizens, and Scottish Government
* Actively participate in Registers of Scotland's UX Practice, sharing best practice
* Support the UX community in providing cover for teams across domains affected
by COVID 19 where it is feasible.
* Coach a junior member of the UX team
* Support any secondary activities as requested by the Head of Service Design and
the User Experience Lead.
* Able to listen to the needs of the technical and business stakeholders, and experience interpret between them.
* Able to manage stakeholders' expectations and be flexible, is capable of proactive and reactive communication
* Facilitates difficult discussions within the team or with diverse senior stakeholders
* Experience working within an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment, and ability to deliver iterative design components (including user journeys) to the development team
* Can produce artefacts to engage teams with the user experience
* Engages in fostering a UX community within
* Able to make decisions characterised by medium levels of risk and complexity and recommend decisions as risk and complexity increase, building consensus between services or independent stakeholders.
* Able to identify problems or issues in the team dynamic and rectify them.
* Engages in varying types of feedback choosing the right type at the appropriate time and ensuring discussions and decisions are actioned as appropriate.
* Experience off user research and analysis, utilising both quantitative and qualitative data
* Experience of producing, running and analysing multiple surveys
* Manages, supports and stretches self and others to deliver agreed goals and objectives
* Keeps focused on the goals that really matter, and takes responsibility for delivering outcomes on time and to a high standard
* Visualising and implementing strategic user-centred design, applying different risk methodologies in proportion to the risk in question, with the ability to apply a digital understanding to their work and to identify and implement solutions for assisted digital.
* Experience of working in a team of UX professionals
* Knowledge of WCAG accessibility standards and principles
* Experience of simplifying high volume, complex process flows
* Customer journey mapping
* Creation of design standards and practices
* Axure RP, Sketch, Hotjar, Google Analytics
* Knowledge of Registers of Scotland