£33k - £39k per year + Benefits
Staffordshire - (Hybrid Working)
Are you a Voice Engineer with an expertise in the ever changing world of technology? Do you want to be a part of a mass digital transformation piece? Do you want to work in a fast paced agile environment? Do you want to work within a team that is always contributing and impacting change to society day to day?
Then this may be the role for you…
The successful voice engineer will be a strategy focused individual, with an eye for identifying, selecting, delivering and implementing changes to the right technologies on a wider scale. You will have a passion for working in an environment with likeminded individuals who enjoy supporting the infrastructure team in migrating windows roll outs.
The Voice Engineer will be accountable for building, developing and supporting all telephony solutions across the business including VOIP, OSv9 and video conferencing. You will also be expected to liaise with the broader team regarding network, firewall or telephony infrastructure support, including supporting the ICCS infrastructure as appropriate.
- Provide specialist technical skills and knowledge that facilitate the provision, configuration and support of force telephony systems and their associated supporting systems or applications.
- Provide support for all incidents and calls involving telephony equipment
- Ensure all application or firmware releases are properly documented and are managed in line with best practice
- Provide specialist support for call handling/recording telephony systems.
- Manage and administer the businesses video conferencing facilities as needed
- Support the implementation of new conferencing technologies such as skype or MS Teams, ensuring solutions are robust, resilient and scalable
- Liaise with suppliers and contractors in support of provision and maintenance activities;
- Manage the security, availability, capability, and performance of telephony solutions across the force, including associated software applications
- Coordinate standardised processes (e.g. change and release management) for device hardware or software changes across telephony, liaising with various technical teams within the department
- Take ownership of major incidents, major changes, and major releases relating to telephony outages
- Be familiar with ICCS as part of the interface between telephony and Airwave devices
- Provide specialist support for video conferencing equipment as part of the telephony infrastructure
- Attend force user groups as necessary, to understand user requirements in terms of the future development and roadmap for applications
- Manage incidents and service requests to meet the needs of the force and make best use of the resources available
- Champion good ideas to management
If this sounds of interest to you please click "apply now"