Role Title: Web Development Manager
Role location: Fareham / Remote
Rate: £16 - £19 per hour, inside IR35, 37 hours a week
Duration of engagement: 4 months
Deadline: Monday 14th December 2020 at noon
A Web Development Manager is required to provide excellent channel management on one of the UK's biggest campaigns.
This role is based in the Communications team, who are responsible for designing strategies and plans, and delivering a wide range of activity to ensure the public are aware and motivated to respond.
You will support the Senior Web Development Manager to define and deliver the web approach that will enable us to bring it to life in an engaging way, on a sustained basis. In conjunction with the digital service team you support the Senior Web Development Manger to develop and manage the census campaign website, the Let's Count primary school and secondary school website and other digital products.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
* Work with the Senior Web Development Manager to support the development and deliver the existing web strategy, setting out the overarching requirements, using audience insight, and planning to achieve Communications objectives - as part of a wider communications programme;
* Work with the Senior Web Development Manger to support the delivery of the Primary School and Secondary Schools campaign websites;
* Work with the Senior Content Manager to develop and implement content strategies, driving key strands of the census campaign programme;
* Work with the Senior Web Development Manger to support the management of the pages on the website in conjunction with the content team;
* Ensure all activity is monitored, evaluated and an objective program of continual improvement is in place;
* Work collaboratively with internal colleagues and external partners to deliver and activate multiple concurrent campaigns, and to ensure digital journeys are aligned with other communications and publishing activities;
* Deliver regular website performance updates and ensure colleagues in communications and the wider organisation can utilize this to inform future activity;
* Collaborate extensively with teams across Communications, Digital Service Teams, Publishing and the wider organisation to deliver the best outcomes possible;
* Protect and enhance our brand - ensuring activity adheres to brand tone of voice guidelines, target audience insights, is technically correct from a business perspective and conforms to relevant internal guidelines.
* A track record of developing and delivering websites
* Experience and understanding of using audience insight and digital user experience to define accessible content to a range of audiences;
* Experience in working in an agile environment;
* Strong analytical skills and experience (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Suite and Excel) to build and generate reports in order to make data-driven decisions;
* Experience of content creation and delivery
* Demonstrable experience of working with teams across organisations to ensure communications outcomes are achieved, and integrated;
* Well organised and ability to prioritise in a faced paced and changing environment with proven ability to project manage and achieve objectives;
* Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written, with high levels of sensitivity and judgement and the ability to influence outcomes effectively through persuasive argument.
* Experience of managing and developing teams
* Experience of using workflow and collaboration software, e.g. JIRA and Confluence
* Understanding of PPC and display marketing, paid social media marketing and affiliate marketing; keeping abreast of SEO, PPC and SEM trends
* Experience of working with government digital guidelines
* Proficiency with digital analytics tools e.g., Google Analytics
* Good working knowledge of data privacy (GDPR)
* A Marketing/Communications degree, Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) or Institute of Direct Marketing (IDM) qualification
* A relevant recognised digital qualification or affiliation e.g., Google Squared.