- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £300 - £350 per day + outside IR35 / remote
- Job Type
- Richard Murphy
Purpose of role: As a Wordpress Developer you will be responsible for building integrations between the systems that make up my clients estate.
Context: My client is in the process of modernising its ecommerce platform and the Wordpress Developers will play a key role in this project. The successful candidate will help us to connect the core components of our system to ensure we achieve our aims of a scalable, flexible, modular ecommerce estate.
Key Job Accountabilities:
● Assist with the design and specification of integrations.
● Delivering high performance, secure, back-end services for integrating services within our ecosystem.
● Act as an SME for development decisions. Help to drive decisions on technology. Understand the impact those decisions will have to ensure the correct options are chosen.
● Ensuring the architecture of integrations allows for flexibility and scalability. Make decisions that create reusable components.
● Drive best practices within the development team, including agile methodologies, automated testing, continuous deployment.
● Help to maintain documentation of the software being developed to ensure common understanding within and outside the team. Help with service introduction of new features to the wider business.
● 8+ years industry experience as a software developer
● Experience with test driven development and relevant testing frameworks
● Experience with REST, GraphQL, SOAP and other transport protocols
● Experience with modern event-driven architectures and building serverless systems, preferably on AWS (Lambda, EventBridge, Step Functions)
● Any experience with ecommerce a bonus
● Any experience with CI tooling a bonus
● Any experience with AWS Cloud Development Kit a bonus
● Strong communication skills, able to report on estimates and progress on a task. Able to explain technical issues to a broad range of audiences.