- (Sales Director) Head of Sales – Consulting Services, Public Sector
- Hybrid, onsite in Bristol 1 day to work with Sales team
We are currently looking for an experienced and dynamic Sales Business leader to work as part of the senior leadership team within the public sector consulting division. In this role, you will be responsible for focusing on the technology consulting market, specialising in business growth and new sales within UK Central Government.
As the ideal candidate, you should possess a wealth of expertise in the central government or public services landscape, including its policies, regulations, and key players. You will work closely with CCS, authorities and ministerial departments to identify and capitalise on new areas of growth opportunities, develop customised solutions, and drive new sales within the government sector.
Our strategy is to expand our consulting services from the public into the private sector, creating further revenue lines and a sustainable sales pipeline.
To be considered for this role, you must have a proven track record of winning and leading sales solutions for projects or programs that generate over 500k – £5m in revenue.
Sales Generated = 2m of revenue or 600k of Net fee Income in year one.
As a Sales Director your responsibilities will be:
- Lead business development efforts, including identifying potential clients, cultivating relationships, and closing new sales.
- Develop and execute sales strategies to achieve revenue targets and expand market share within the public sector.
- Able to understand personal sales targets at an individual and team level, map out sales pipeline to achieve the targets required.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities through networking, prospecting, and relationship building with the private sector team
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and key stakeholders and become a thought leader that elevates our Consulting brand.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key government stakeholders, including policymakers, regulators, and decision-makers.
- Conduct research and analysis to identify growth opportunities within the central government sector that also impact private sectors within the UK.
- Work with the consulting team to define the vision and strategy for Consulting further.
- Sharing knowledge and mentoring sales professionals, providing guidance to the onsite technical team, and leveraging new areas of growth to support and achieve sales targets.
- Share Knowledge with internal teams to develop customised solutions for clients within Consulting and Statement of Work
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify consulting opportunities that serve private sector clients.
- Stay ahead of the competition by monitoring and analysing market trends, industry developments, and competitors to identify new opportunities.
- Lead networking events to foster networks and brand ambassadors. Participate in industry events and networking opportunities to increase the company’s visibility and reputation.
- Lead learning and development workshops with sales teams and the wider operations team of the team by sharing your knowledge and expertise within the statement of work and consulting.
- Build sales relationships within our wider business to help ignite opportunities from existing relationships, for consulting services.
- Stay up to date on industry trends, regulatory changes, and market dynamics.
- Work as part of our consulting bid team to lead and direct bids and tenders to increase revenue and awards of contracts.
- Lead presentations to deliver solutions to clients.
- Create commercial and financial bids collaborating with our financial and technical team to deliver the services.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations related to staffing and recruitment, consulting market.
- Provide regular reports and updates to senior management on sales performance, market trends, and new business opportunities.
Bachelor’s degree in business, or related field, or 7 years industry knowledge working within a similar role.
- Proven track record of success in sales, consulting model and business development within central government.
- Deep understanding of central government policies, regulations, and decision-making processes.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in consulting, government, or related field.
- Understanding of the staffing technology and market landscape
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Strong negotiator and articulate
- Has experience of exceeding personal sales targets
- Strong commercial knowledge that understands risk and reward scenarios
- Excellent writing skills and a keen eye for detail regarding numbers and commercial bids.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Ability to think strategically, solve problems, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and with diverse stakeholders.
This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for an experienced sales professional to make a significant impact in the public sector recruitment and consulting industry. The role has a progression opportunity that expand consulting services into the Private Sector. Great career opportunities for the right candidate who wants to work to a goal and has a start-up mindset.
If you have the required skills and experience, we would love to hear more about you.